SHPE For Everyone
Read about the wonderful benefits that come with being a member and use the form below to sign up to our newsletter! It's free to sign up and the information provided will help us create events that align with your career. Be sure to follow us on all of our social media platforms as well, to be kept up to date on all our events and initiatives, which are open to members, prospective members, friends, and partner organizations!
SHPE For Our Community
Members of SHPE-GPC utilize SHPE resources to find greater success in their careers and beyond. Whether a member is an entry-level engineer or an experienced executive, professional development options are available to meet that member’s needs. Professional members also have tremendous opportunities to network with colleagues and corporate partners, take on SHPE chapter leadership positions, and give back to their communities through various outreach initiatives. A few of the benefits we provide include:
- A strong network of STEM professionals from academia, government and industry, corporate representatives, government officials, and other individuals supporting and advocating for the mission of SHPE.
- Leadership Development and Training, including Panel Discussions with Top Leadership.
- Professional Development via a multitude of workshops, seminars, and networking opportunities at Chapter Functions.
- Monthly networking opportunities via our social, professional, and programmatic events, including panel discussions, workshops, receptions, happy hours, and more.
- Mentoring and Community Outreach opportunities to local Universities, High Schools and K-8 programs.
- Opportunities to be highlighted as a STEM Leader in the DMV as well as award opportunities.
- A monthly newsletter to keep members up-to-date on SHPE-GPC events and information.
- Access to career link job opportunities at SHPE-GPC.org.
- Professional Photo opportunities at specific events for your LinkedIn Profile.
SHPE For Our Nation
Our chapter and our local student chapters succeed with the support of the National Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers. To take advantage of all SHPE has to offer,become a national member!
- Full-time, internship, fellowship & co-op opportunities (Locally and Nationally)
- Exclusive access to the SHPE Career Center where you can share your resume with top employers and search for job openings across the country
- Tips on résumé writing and interview skills.
- Professional, career, & leadership training offered at various regional and national events
- SHPE Conference - the largest technical and career conference for Hispanics in the country
- Access to Fortune 500 Companies during the Career Fair and Networking Suites annually at the Annual Convention/Technical Professional Conference
- National Institute for Leadership Advancement (NILA) - exclusively designed conference to provide newly-elected chapter executive board members with the resources for leadership and chapter development
- Graduate Leadership Institute (GLI) - specific track at SHPE Conference for graduate students and prospective graduate students
- Regional Leadership Development Conferences (RLDC) - Regional conferences held around the country for student and professional members to interact and network (SHPE-GPC is in Region 4)
- Management Growth Training (MGT) - five days program of comprehensive training on everything from project and financial management to dealing with difficult people to interpersonal communications
- Executive Leadership Institute (ELI) - an interactive learning environment where current and potential executives are enabled to examine and enhance their leadership and management skills
- More than $2 million in scholarship offerings
- Competition opportunities to test and refine your leadership and technical talent
- Access to the SHPE Foundation GRE/GRAD Lab to guide you through the graduate school application process
- Lifelong networking opportunities with high profile professionals, fellow students/professionals, corporate representatives and SHPE leaders
- Complimentary subscriptions to SHPE Magazine and Hispanic Business Magazine
- Become part of the SHPE Familia and find support wherever you go with over 250 chapters and 8,000 members across the nation.
SHPE For Students
As the source for students, SHPE opens up a world of opportunity. Scholarships, leadership development, internship and job connections, community outreach, mentoring, networking — all are benefits provided by SHPE to student members. In a competitive, global environment, SHPE student members are ready for success when they graduate. The SHPE - Greater Philadelphia Chapter is proud to support our local student chapters.
Our Local Student Chapters
Penn State Universitypsushpesecretary@gmail.com
University of Delawareshpeatudel@gmail.com
University of Pennsylvaniashpe@seas.upenn.edu